Emergency Air Conditioning Repair Jersey City
The Jersey City Heating and Cooling Experts are here with a few expert tips on how to detect leaking furnace gas valves. A furnace gas leak can be a very dangerous and should be dealt with immediately. You would want to have an HVAC expert come out immediately for an emergency heating repair to fix this gas leak to reduce the chances of the explosion and carbon monoxide poisoning. Here is a guide to help you find your leaking furnace gas valve if you have one.
- You can use soap spray as a toxic gas detector; spray around gas valves, joints, and fittings to see if any bubbles form.
- Observation: Observed radiation is one of the best ways to detect a gas leak, apart from smelling mercaptan. Look for rust on the black pipe or gas line, look at the joints to see their conditions, and look at the fittings to make sure that they are tight. You can always use a flashlight and a mirror to look in those hard-to-reach places.
- You can also check the color of the flames on the furnace. What you want to see is a nice blue flame, any other color could be the results of a gas leak.
Where should I look to see if you need a Jersey City emergency heating repair?
- Gas valve leaks usually will occur around joints and fittings.
- It is very unlikely that damage in a straight black pipe will cause any kind of gas leaking, as this would be very unusual.
- When looking for a possible gas leak, always start looking at the pipes going towards the furnace, by ending the search at the pilot tube and burners.
- Carbon monoxide is easy to detect in a gas furnace leak. You should purchase a carbon monoxide detector and you should place it near the furnace mechanical room.
- These devices will alert you automatically, whenever it detects a high level of carbon monoxide in your Jersey City house. This will help keep you and your family save in the event that your gas furnace has a carbon monoxide leak. Make sure to test your alarm regularly and contact an HVAC Expert in Jersey City for emergency furnace repair if you do discover a carbon monoxide leak so they can conduct a fast heating repair to make sure your home is safe.
- Always remember to check to make sure the detector has a full battery charge and is located close to the furnace room.
- If the gas valve looks like it is in good condition and you when smelling the area, you cannot detect any unusual odor, you can always try a soap solution to help detect the gas leak.
- This is very easy to do, just mix some normal dish soap and a bottle with some water and dump it on the fittings you think the gas leak is coming from.
- This method may be a very simple solution, but I will tell you, as a HVAC Contractor in Jersey City, it is very effective. You are looking for bubbles to appear and if you see bubbles appearing, then you know you have a gas leak. At that point it is time to call in a residential or commercial HVAC service in Jersey City to conduct your furnace repairs to stop the leak.
- You can go out and buy yourself a gas detector, that can find leaks around your furnace. There is one problem with these detectors, they're not always the most dependable equipment to detect all leaks.
- But you can adopt them into your practice for finding large leaks or even confirming leaks that you expect.
Professional Residential or Commercial HVAC Service in Jersey City
- If you cannot find the gas leak, then you should call a professional HVAC Expert in for a second opinion.
- The major benefit of having professional heating and cooling expert in is that they will find the problem and they will complete the furnace repair right away.
- The downfall to this is the cost and if they don't find anything than you've just spent your money on nothing. The benefit, however, is that you have peace of mind knowing that your furnace is working properly, and you don’t need to get an additional furnace repair estimate.
- You could also subscribe to a routine HVAC maintenance plan to ensure that you furnace is checked on a regular basis and in proper working order. This way you have a professional completing any furnace repairs as they come up, keeping you and your family safe. You can even get more specific HVAC maintenance plans such as boiler service plans or furnace service plans if you just want a professional HVAC service looking at one specific unit in your Jersey City home.
- The benefit of having a Jersey City HVAC expert routinely maintaining your heating and cooling system is that they will catch minor furnace repairs before they become emergency heating repairs that will greatly increase your furnace repair costs. They will also be able to give you educated advise on when it is time to get a furnace installation estimate to replace your old furnace and upgrade to a new furnace with a fast furnace installation. This could save you money on future furnace repair costs that aren’t worth the investment because other furnace parts could have excessive wear and tear that will have additional repair costs in the near future, making your old furnace a money pit.
- If you are having troubles detecting the gas leak but you can smell the gas, try using all of the methods combined, mentioned above.
- None of these tactics will catch all leaks if you are only using them by themselves, but if you combine all these tactics into one, you have a much better chance of solving your problem. Using more than one method will always ensure that you don't accidentally miss a gas leak without fixing it.
- If you discover the leaky gas valve, the first thing you need to go and do is turn off the furnace. This will decrease any chance of any kind of accident happening. If you detect carbon monoxide you should immediately open all windows and call a residential or commercial HVAC contractor immediately to conduct the proper emergency furnace repairs to keep you and your family safe.
If you have any questions on any of the above techniques or you would like to schedule an affordable heating service like a furnace maintenance plan, contact the Jersey City Heating and Cooling Experts today.